This event will be held from 16th to 18th next October and aims at:
- Developing a shared definition of smart city, showing the fundamental steps for a strategic and holistic approach; finding those sectoral politics and the relations among them and the steps to follow to implement them; explaining the role of technology on the basis of its three levels: ict platforms, vertical areas (education, health, welfare, environment, energy, mobility, etc…), peripheral devices, sensors.
- Fostering training meetings for public managers about themes on the cities of future.
- Finding and disseminating the best Italian and European experiences and determining the patterns.
- Collecting a set of documents about all aspects of a smart city in order to create a shared culture with the Central Government, cities, local authorities and companies to lay the foundations of new politics for smart cities.
- Debating on new patterns of procurement and public-private partnership that can allow far-seeing investments to improve urban life.
- Offering to citizens and to public opinion a report on progresses of innovation in cities with particular attention to accountability.